Monday, April 18, 2016

Chicago Show Highlights

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to head to Chicago for the Tom Bishop international miniature show.  The best part of the show is that it was fun and I was able to meet new miniaturists and see some friends.


Upon arriving at the show I headed straight away to MiniFanaberia's table.  I had seen her new retro fridges online and I was determined to get one.  I had to have it!  Then I saw them and it was like the gods opened the clouds shining a bright light down on those amazing little retro fridges. It lights up and there wasn't a detail missing. Her work is even more amazing in person. Then my eyes welled up with tears...I could not have that amazing miniature fridge.  I just couldn't justify spending that much. Besides I didn't have the cash on me (It's really a good thing she didn't accept credit cards because I might have bought it if she did). So, I bought an iron instead.  Dorota is adorable so sweet and seemed flattered that I wanted to take a picture of her work.



MiniFanaberia







Miniature Wood Creations

Miniature Wood Creations out of Minnesota had some beautiful pieces as well.  We talked a long time about Minnesota and living out in the country.  I don't live in the country, but he does.  He gave me some useful information about fresh eggs right from the chicken. 


 This mini woodworking scene is amazing and extremely detailed.


Atomic Miniature

Of course there's  Michael Yurkovik - aka Atomic Miniature.  He recently became an IGMA artist. He's a super nice guy and great artist.









I really love this modern loft he made.


TYA Kitchen

TYA Kitchen never disappoints and always makes my drool!  I did buy a great little orange colander.




Roomboxes Etc.

Peter Tucker at Roomboxes Etc. is another one who never disappoints.  We had a nice conversation about modern and he enlightened me on what the black Reitveld chair on the top row is used for in RL.  It was used for customers at furriers.  They would drape their fur coat over the arm of the chair so that it would not touch the floor and so that they could show off the label in their coat. Another thing I love about Peter Tucker is that he never makes the exact same thing twice.





Keenderson Miniatures


Keenderson Miniatures makes some really fun and different modern miniatures.  I love the chest with the differently angled drawers.






There you have it!  Modern and Mid-century Modern highlights from the international show.  Overall it was a good show.  I'll show the goods I got at the show next post.

3 comments:

  1. WHEE! I've been so antsy to see everyone's goodies. :) :) Thank you for these pix of the artisan tables. I can't wait to see what you got. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all these pictures! It's great to see all the vendor tables! Can't wait to see your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is sooo exciting as well as inspirational when there is an opportunity to attend a miniature show, and especially when it is as prestigious as the Chicago Show! I can only imagine the thrill you must have felt when viewing those Fabulous retro fridges in person, as well as all of the other wonderful modern minis that were there for you to see. Thanks for sharing what looks like a SUPER FUN experience! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete