Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slotto

Recently I saw an ad in a Bed Bath and Beyond flyer for a wooden building toy called Slotto.  The first thing I thought of course is that I could make some pretty cool mini things with this.toy, then I thought my son would have fun building things with it too.

Slotto

After I bought the set, I looked it up online to see if there were any reviews on it.  There weren't any, but I did find out some cool info on it.  It was created by a man who had lost his job and would stand on the street corner in a suit jacket holding a sign that said "I need a job".  You can read it here and see a video here. It is currently for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond and Overstock.com in the U.S. and Canada and should be available soon at more retailers. I would recommend Bed, Bath and Beyond because they always have coupons and this set only cost me $15.00.  It looks like a pretty cool toy for both my son and I.


5 comments:

  1. It will be exciting to see what you will make using this toy. Nice that both you and your son can play with it.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for buying Slotto! Actually, the sets are a sampling of pieces from two separate sets. If you buy another set you'll have two complete sets that also work with each other. Some of the pieces, the large squares, rectangles, small rectangles and long connectors are 1/4" shorter than the other half. These were designed to be used with the shorter, short connectors to make solid panels without any gaps. You can also use all the pieces together but there will probably be times when you'll be looking for a piece that is either 1/4" shorter or longer. When you make two separate sets that rarely happens.. Hope that confused you..

    Thanks for your support!

    Robert Darling
    The Darling Company LLC
    Salem, Oregon Home of The Erector Set and Slotto
    SlottoForKids.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying Slotto! I want photos! If you have any problems or questions you can reach me on my website: SlottoForKids.com

    Sincerely, hope you have fun with them.

    Robert Darling
    The Darling Company LLC
    Salem, Oregon Home of the Erector Set and Slotto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool!

    PS. it's unveiled!!!!!! eeep!

    ReplyDelete