Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Still in a blue mood...

I never used to like the color turquoise, but apparently I'm becoming quite fond of it.
My fave color is still orange and has been for years.  Orange is the "hot" color for for 2012 by the way.


This great table is from Amazing Miniatures. Isn't amazing?  The chairs are Phantom chairs which are actually wedding favors, but are fab for 1"=1'. 

I made the chandellier from an upside down plastic tea light candle base and glued glass beads all around it. I used silver stretchy string and threaded it through a finding I found at the hardware store.  I also made the sculpture from a bead, aluminum tubing and a piece of wood.


The vase is a Petite Princess vase, the box is Rement and the rug is a piece of embossed scrap book paper.

See this credenza?

This is what it looked like this afternoon.  Isn't is amazing what a little paint can do?  I also used some faux snake skin vinyl from a place mat I found at Crate and Barrel for the inserts.  It's kind of like it went from the country to the city.

6 comments:

  1. I like your turquoise room! Turquoise is one of my favorite colors (along with purple and chartreuse).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room!! The Phantom Chairs look so good with that table. Very cool DIY lamp and accessory. I love what a little paint can do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I Love those Phantom Chairs...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE can you (I) get a Phantom chair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elbey,
    I bought mine on Ebay. Search phantom chair you should find them with wedding stuff. You can also just do a Google search for phantom chair. They generally come in sets of 8 and run about $30.00 for the set. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, yes, found some on Ebay USA, they ask $50 shipping to UK.....far too much even for 8 chairs. I only want 2 anyway. High shipping like that is a complete rip off, same as the cheap chairs at CB2, totally exorbitant shipping charge, but thanx for reply.

    ReplyDelete